I love Sundays. It is normally a lazy day for me if I'm at home. I still have to feed my two bottomless pits (hubby and daughter) though so one of my go-to quick and easy recipes is oven baked chicken drumsticks. The chicken legs marinate in a spicy paste. This also works great on a busy weekday too. This recipe serves 6 so I normally have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks
12 medium -large chicken drumsticks (washed and skin on)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp ground green seasoning(chives, cilantro, pimento, celery,garlic)
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to suit)
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garlic paste
- Season chicken drumsticks with green seasoning, salt, black pepper and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for paste and pour over chicken. Mix thoroughly, rubbing paste under chicken skin.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 1/2 hour, turning occasionally. You can do all this the night before- it tastes better the longer it stays.*
- Arrange legs in a single layer in a large baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Pour any liquid in bowl over chicken.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil over all.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees celcius for about 45 min or until chicken is cooked.
- Halfway through cooking, turn all chicken legs once.
- Serve with side dishes of your choice and enjoy!
* Do NOT leave uncooked chicken in your refrigerator for more than 1 day to avoid the risk of food poisoning.
Images courtesy Suat Eman http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=151
and Maggie Smith http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=172