Ah yes. The song says it all..first day of school with all the hustling it requires. It's actually depressing to deal with so much traffic after a long, lazy vacation. It makes me feel a little sad- the end of one stage of my daughter's life and the beginning of another. Oh well, the only constant in life is change, right?
For a really easy quick Monday night dinner, I (literally) whip up a batch of these spicy Indian chicken tenders, and serve along with a creamy cucumber raita, saffron rice and a salad. It doesn't get easier than that:)
Easy Spicy Indian Chicken Tenders
1 lb chicken tenders, or make your own by cutting 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast into 2 inch wide "fingers"
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes (plus a pinch)
1/4 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup finely ground breadcrumbs
1 tbsp water
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Season with lime juice, curry powder, cumin, pepper flakes, ginger, salt and black pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning once.
- Lightly beat egg with water in a small bowl
- Put flour on a plate, saeson lightly wth salt and black pepper
- On a separate plate, place breadcrumbs. Season with a pinch of pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the tenders- roll each tender in seasoned flour, dip in egg, then coat in crumbs.
- Place tenders on a large baking tray sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turning once to brown both sides.
- You can fry these if you prefer.
- Serve and enjoy!