Chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chunks. Roasted pecans. What's not to love about this cookie? I know my last post was a cookie recipe as well but I've been on a cookie-ing spree this week. School reopens next Monday so I am making a bunch of different cookies to freeze for lunchkit snacks for my daughter. She is always a little depressed the first week of school. So am I...oh well. Enough about THAT.
My Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups toasted chopped pecans (feel free to use whatever kind of nuts you prefer)
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
50 grams dark bittersweet chocolate, grated or chopped into chunks
2 cups blended oatmeal
1 cup chopped dried cranberries, optional
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in oatmeal to this using a whisk.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, nuts, chocolate chips and chunks, cranberries and mix until blended.
- Chill dough in freezer for about 10 minutes. Remove from freezer and scoop out 2 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place balls 2 inches apart. Flatten balls into a disk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
Note: you can freeze this dough uncooked in the freezer for up to 1 month. The baked cookies freeze well once they are tightly covered.