I've been away too long, I know. I've been battling a cold for the past week and it really was an even fight. Thankfully I feel much better now so here I am again, sharing my veggie adventures with you. I was inspired for these easy oven roasted veggies by oven fries which I really enjoy, so instead of the traditional wedges, I used a beautiful white sweet potato and a butternut squash. I cut them into 1 inch cubes, drizzled generously with olive oil, and sprinkled all with salt and cracked black pepper. As these both have a fairly high sugar content, the caramelization gave a nice crunch, while the center was tender and perfectly cooked. I served the veggies along with a simple roasted beet salad, and grilled salmon filets. I'm quite sure that any firm tuber or root vegetable would work beautifully here- turnip, dasheen, breadfruit, try whatever you have in the kitchen...then let me know how it turned out!
Quick Oven Roasted Vegetables
1 large white sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a large baking tray with non stick cooking spray
- Place vegetables on baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender,turning vegetables halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot, and congratulate yourself for not indulging in those greasy fries!